Thompson Public Library
We are pleased to announce our reopening to the public on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 with the following guidelines in place.
- The library will be open to patrons from 9:30-11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings and from 2-4:00 p.m. on Tuesday thru Friday afternoons. Library hours before and after those times will be used to clean the library and library materials.
- The number of patrons in the library at any one time will be limited to 5 and will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Children 12 years and younger must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 yrs. or older). The toy area will remain closed.
- Patrons must wear masks while in the library and use hand sanitizer when entering the library. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Patrons are also encouraged to use appropriate social distancing.
- Please respect that some furniture has been blocked off or removed to allow for social distancing.
- Computers: One desktop computer will be available for use along with both laptops. Computer time is limited to 30 minute sessions. Hand sanitizer will be placed by each computer and patrons are expected to use it before using the computer. Keyboards and mice will be cleaned between users.
- Magazines and newspapers will not be available at this time due to issues with sanitizing them between uses.
- If you take a book off the shelf to look at it, please place it in the plastic storage container provided so that it may be cleaned before returning to the shelf.
- Bathrooms are closed to the public.
- The meeting room remains closed to the public.
The library will review, adjust and update procedures continually. We committed to serving our community while maintaining recommended protocols for public safety.