Thompson Public Library and COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic Thompson Public Library has adopted the following policies and procedures to keep our community safe. We will begin these changes on April 6, 2021.
· The library will be open to patrons from
9:30-11:30 a.m. and 2:00-5:00 p.m. Tuesdays
2:30-6:00 p.m. Wednesdays
9:30-11:30 a.m. and 2:00-5:00 p.m. Thursdays
2:30-5:00 p.m. Fridays
9:30-11:00 a.m. Saturdays
Library hours before those times will be used to clean the library and library materials.
· The number of patrons in the library at any one time will be limited to 6 and will be limited to 30 minutes.
· Patrons must wear masks while in the library and use hand sanitizer when entering the library. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
· Patrons are also encouraged to use appropriate social distancing.
· Computers: One desktop computer will be available for use along with both laptops. Computer time is limited to 30 minute sessions. Hand sanitizer will be placed by each computer and patrons are expected to use it before using the computer. Keyboards and mice will be cleaned between users.
· Magazines and newspapers will now be available for patron use.
· The meeting room is now available for groups of 20 or less.
The library will review, adjust and update procedures continually. We committed to serving our community while maintaining recommended protocols for public safety.